The Code of Ethics of Egyptian Society of Anesthesiology and Acute Care (ESAAC):
ESAAC is carried out in order to provide a safe, cooperative and welcoming environment for all staff, members and free of intolerance and harassment regardless of their intellectual, political, racial and religious orientations. ESAAC does not permit harassment in any way.
ESAAC members and Staff should be committed to strict ethical rules such as International code of medical ethics https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2797507#:~:text=The%20ICoME%20outlines%20the%20ethical,other%20health%20professionals%20and%20personnel.
- A member shall be dedicated to providing competent service , with compassion and respect for human dignity and rights.
- A member shall uphold the standards of professionalism, be honest in all professional interactions.
- A member shall respect the rights of colleagues, and other health professionals, and shall safeguard patient confidences and privacy within the constraints of the law.
- A member shall continue to study, apply, and advance scientific knowledge, maintain a commitment to medical education, make relevant information available to patients, colleagues, and the public, obtain consultation, and use the talents of other health professionals when indicated.
- A member shall recognize a responsibility to participate in activities contributing to the improvement of the community and the betterment of public health.
- A member shall support access to medical education for all colleges.
- When providing professional certification, the physician must only certify what the physician has personally verified.
- The member must engage with other members, health professionals and other personnel in a respectful and collaborative manner without bias, harassment or discriminatory conduct. The member must also ensure that ethical principles are upheld when working in teams.
- The member should report to the appropriate authorities conditions or circumstances which impede the member or other health professionals from providing care of the highest standards or from upholding the principles of this Code. This includes any form of abuse or violence against member and other health personnel, inappropriate working conditions, or other circumstances that produce excessive and sustained levels of stress.
- General misconduct:
- All Society members and staff should be adherent to EASS rules.
- The Office of ESAAC Conduct investigates, hears, and makes the decisions for all allegations of misconduct regardless of their affiliation.
- The determination of whether a case concerns member or staff misconduct will be determined on a case by case basis by EASS.
- All complaints of member misconduct will be managed by trained professional specialist expert in this purpose.
- All complaints must be related to ESAAC’ activities.
- The investigation process will follow strict confidential rules unless the allegations are proofed.
- Research Misconduct:
Such as Plagiarism, Fabrication, Falsifications in conducting, analyzing data or reporting research results. The researcher should follow the Committee of Publication ethics (COPE) guidelines https://publicationethics.org/
- Conflict of Interest: when a member’s personal interests friendships, family, financial, or social factors compromise her or his decisions, judgment or actions in the committee.
- Any complaint will be sent to the below mentioned site or by phone number (……)
- Well qualified expert member of our association will contact you by phone to discuss your allegation.
- All evidences will be taking into considerations.
- All witnesses will be interviewed or called by phone as available.
- All allegations will be managed by the association president. Then it will be assigned to the matter to a group of senior ESAAS.
- According to the type of misconduct (general, research, conflict of interest) the action will be taken. From blaming up to dismissal from association membership.